If you’re not a “techie” you’re going to love our website “Starter” course. In this course we take you through getting set up with your domain name, your website and your brand. We also give you some vital hints and tips you can do yourself to work out what your business needs from your website.
This isn’t just another website course. This course is focused around you and your business and what you need for your website. We take you through a process which will help you define you or your brand, work out your website layout and structure and bring you true success from your brand and your website. A process that would cost you thousands if you employed a traditional web agency or consultancy.
If that wasn’t enough we take you through everything you need to know about our content management system of choice, WordPress. Step by step, we take you through setting up a domain name and hosting and all the way through to explaining every part of the WordPress admin and back-end.
Plus there is even more… We’ve spent years building themes and plugins in our web agency along with running a commercial WordPress theme business. With our help we can shortcut so much of the time and money that you would have spent searching and testing endless themes and plugins. We give you the low down not only on the top marketplaces to buy WordPress themes and plugins but also some of the best independent theme and plugin shops too.
Finally, this course also comes packed with amazing downloads that will help you shape your online business now and in the future.
Here is what we cover throughout the course.
- Getting set up (Video)
- Unit 2 Quiz
- Introduction, Logging In to WordPress and The WordPress Dashboard (Video) FREE
- Updates (Video)
- Posts (Video)
- Adding a New Post and the WordPress Post Content Editor screen (Video)
- Categories and Tags (Video)
- Media Library (Video)
- Adding a New Page and the WordPress Page Content Editor screen (Video)
- Comments and Comments Moderation (Video)
- Appearance and the WordPress Customizer (Video)
- Widgets (Video)
- Menus, Header and Editor (Video)
- Installing and Activating Plugins (Video)
- Adding and Editing Users (Video) FREE
- WordPress Tools (Video)
- WordPress Settings (Video)
- Unit 3 Quiz
- Introduction (Video) FREE
- Unit 4 Downloads (Downloads)
- What does your business need from a WordPress website (Video)
- WordPress.org Themes (Video)
- WordPress Theme Marketplaces (Video)
- Independent WordPress Theme Shops (Video)
- WordPress Plugin Marketplaces and Independent Plugin Shops (Video)
- Page Builder Plugins (Video)
- An Overview of Website Testing and Speed (Video)
- Summary of this Unit (Video)
- Unit 4 Quiz
- Everything you have learnt from this course (Video)
- Success With WordPress Course Evaluation
What are the downloads?
All of our downloads come in PDF format. You will be able to save them on your computer or device or even print them out if you want to. Some of them are there as a quick reference guide where you will find all of the links to all of the websites and plugins we mention during this course. This means that you can concentrate on watching the videos rather than writing everything down! The Project Starter Cheat Sheet is a really useful tool for you to use alongside the first video in Unit 4.
Here are the titles of the downloads provided in this course.
- The Project Starter Cheat Sheet
- The Where to Buy Cheat Sheet
- The Buying a WordPress Theme Checklist
- The Webpage Speed Guide
- The Website Testing Checklist
- The Recommended Plugins Cheat Sheet
- Glossary of Terms FREE
Don’t just take our word for it
Here are some of the things our students have said about our courses…
I’ve been using WordPress for years and I thought I knew it all, turns out I don’t, but I do now!
I loved that you added in the business questions. There is more to using WordPress than just knowing how to use the system. You need to know what your business needs before you can make wise choices from all the options available.
It’s great that I won’t have to go back to the videos to find URLs for Theme Marketplaces and such, because you have provided them all. Bonus points for that!
This is the first online course I have found that actually had practical business advice and wasn’t just a walkthrough of WordPress features, very impressed!
This is brilliant. There were a few times that I wondered what something meant—sticky, RSS, ping—and each time the answer was in the glossary.
Buy the course individually and get Lifetime Access with no recurring fees. You’ll get all the updates we release for this course too, for as long as we sell the course.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
If you buy any of our courses and decide that it hasn’t given you the knowledge and information you expected, we will refund you the full cost of the course provided we can see that you have undertaken the whole of the course and filled out the Evaluation at the end.
We Love Questions
If there is anything holding you back from purchasing, let us know what it is and we will answer all of your queries.
Ready to buy
We’re really excited to share this course with you and we think you’re going to love it! All you need to do to purchase is click on the buy button below and you’ll be sent to our online course software, powered by Thinkific.